Tuesday, November 29, 2011

back to real life...

Be warned.  There are lots of pictures in this post.

We are back from vacation, and came home with Ikea furniture to assemble, TONS of laundry to do and put away, the Mr. has school and presentations and finals next week...along with the regular duties of everyday.

But we had SUCH a great trip.  LOVE IT!  We were able to have family from Utah, Washington, and us from Idaho, all together.  It was an awesome thanksgiving.  My favorite on record!  I don't even know where to begin we were so exhausted every day.

Here are some of the things we did while we were there:

In-N-Out (4 or 5 times!)

We were able to get a private tour of the house my step-dad grew up in, which is now a park in Hayward, and it was amazing to hear all the stories, and see the awesome wallpaper and details of the old house.  After the tour we took family pictures on the steps! This is one of the "Uncle" photos.

Monkey pants slept through Thanksgiving dinner...and almost every meal.  Maybe it was the time change? or the pure awesomeness of this trip just wore him out. 

and of course we cooked! and tasted...! By the way, i highly recommend chocolate whipping cream if you can find it.  Awesome stuff I hadn't seen before.
We got to visit the house I grew up in to cut the grass and rake the leaves. 
She tried to help us vacuum!
Lady Face fell asleep at Ikea, which was really helpful to get things done there, but it didn't last very long...
The best part was spending time with all of my family in one place.  Heaven!
We really didn't want to leave...on the drive home Monkey Pants had decided that we were driving to grandma's house...even though we were leaving. 

I can't even remember how much we did.  It was a lot. We were asleep before we hit the pillow just about every night.  It was awesome. 

Today i have one more bookshelf to put together before I can finish trimming and assembling my blocks and quilt top for the Drunkard's Path Quilt-Along that I am soooo behind on. I'm hoping to finish the top by the link up deadline of December 5th. 

I hope you all had a fabulous Thanksgiving, this is my favorite time of the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment