Monday, January 2, 2012

2012...

Happy New Year!

January is a big birthday month in our family, today is my mom's birthday, yesterday was my best friend's birthday, and the 4th is my sister in law, step brother, and nephew's birthdays! And yes, you are right, their cards aren't in the mail yet.

Here's what I did when the new year arrived: The single block in the left photo is the first block I made for the Farmer's Wife Quilt Along and it made me soooo excited to do more.  So, the photo to the right is what I have so far.  11 total and I'm hoping to add more in a few minutes when the monkeys take their nap!!



So far 2012 has been exciting, in little life moment ways.  Monkey pants learned to climb halfway up the fence in our backyard, all by himself! He was super excited about this, but when he realized he couldn't stay up there forever, he got a little more worried. Last night I had a dream where he was still almost 3, but as tall as his dad...scary...

I woke up this morning with my equilibrium all funky so my lovely husband let me go back to sleep from 9-11:30, during which time he rearranged the living room and cleaned it, and cleaned under the fridge and discovered the real reason our kitchen smelled a tiny bit...um..."off"...I thought it was the 50 lb bag of garlic that I'd bought at Costco with good intentions going sour, but nope...

...it was a dead rat...or mouse...I didn't double check...

One of the things I wish for most highly in my lifetime is to live in a house where we can have ZERO interaction inside our home with rats, mice, and all other rodents, living or dead.  So far, aside for the first place we lived after being married, we have had rodent battles in every spot since.  Which I think is ridiculously disgusting.  We aren't nasty hoarders, or even close to unclean...I'm not a clean freak, but it gets done as it should.  Why do we have these rodent appearances?! Yuck.

So, yes.  That happened.

Here's some more fun for our week.  My in-law's are coming this week to stay with us for a few days.  We haven't seen them since before we moved out here to Idaho in August, so it'll be great to visit again.  There are only two things I'm having a less than pleasant time with...

I don't know when they're coming, or how long they're staying (yesterday Lovely Husband said he thought it might be Tuesday, but at breakfast this morning he said he thought it was actually Thursday...??? No word on how long they'll be here, but school starts back up on Monday the 9th so...I might have to keep them entertained?! )
We have about 850 square feet in our house.

Wish me luck!

How is your 2012 going so far?!

p.s. I have a bunch of projects and goals and the like ready to show you soon, so watch for it and tell me what you're hoping to get done this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment