Friday, February 3, 2012

Happy Friday!

It's been an up and down week, but I do have some  projects in the works to show you that I am excited about! 

First, I finished the February HST block of the month following Jeni's awesome tutorial (You should go make this, now).
 I added 3 new Farmer's wife blocks (I needed a break from all those tiny pieces but might make more tonight!) These are blocks 70, 50, and 12.
 I wanted to make this Greek Cross for a while, and since was a little scared to try the paper piecing star from the solstice star series at Fresh Lemons, I made this block from the Summer Sampler series.  Tutorial here
 Here is the next block in the Solstice Star series that came together really well.  I like it a lot.
 Here's what I have made using this tutorial from Blue Elephant Stitches.  Love it.  Planning on two girl baby quilt and one baby boy quilt.  The top is done for the boy quilt, and I plan to put the extra square on the back of it. 


 Then, I recently got to join the Bliss circle of the do. Good stitches bee, and for February we are making boat blocks with scrappy sails appliqued onto a white background.  This is what I've got so far, hopefully I can get these made this weekend and then in the mail next week.

 Yesterday I made coffee cake, and it was wonderful.
 And the kids practiced sticking their tongues out "like the alligator" (who has no tongue?)
Happy weekend to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment