Wednesday, February 15, 2012

It's Wednesday again!!!

The time is just going so fast!  I have gotten a few things done that I'm excited to show you! I've linked up at W.I.P Wednesday over at Freshly Pieced, go see what everyone's working on!

Finished:
-Baby quilts -  I finished two of the 3 baby quilts that I've been working on, and the other I'm hand quilting right now, so it should be done this week.  Love those quick projects like that. (I haven't taken pictures of the finished ones yet)

-Blocks for Avery - I was able to make two blocks for a great cause.  Avery is a 13 year old lovely girl who was a fabulous gymnast.  While practicing a routine she had an accident and she is now paralyzed from the waist down.  You can see a video and hear about her story here.  A new friend on Flickr wanted to make a quilt for her to have while she's in the hospital and recovering and asked for some help making blocks, and I was super excited to be able to help!  Here are the two that I made.  Now I just need to mail them!



"In Progress" (Next on the list):
-We Bee Modern Feb. Blocks -  Got my fabric in the mail (from Canada!) and am hoping to get it done this week and mailed next week
-Books and Blocks Bee Too - Get to use fabric from my stash to make a book block!  Also hoping to get this done and mailed next week
-Solstice Star Series (and Summer Sampler) - Faith at Fresh Lemons just posted the tutorial for the next Solstice Star today so that will be my naptime project, and I'm also going to try to do more from the Summer Sampler series so I can end up with a larger quilt top.
-Wedding quilt for old roommate (I'm going to make a Swoon quilt! Pulled fabrics this week) 


No Progress (But also "next")
-Virginia star quilt for in-laws

-Made In Cherry QAL (need to order the background fabric and figure out what to use for backing and binding)
-Husband quilt (strips are cut, need to assemble then cut blocks and just get it done)
-2 patchwork quilts (one with Aneela Hoey prints, one with boyish prints)
-do. Good Stitches Feb. boat blocks (also need to just sit down and do it! Hope to have these in the mail next week too!)
-Hoop up! Stitch and Send swap (Picked my plan for one partner, still searching for the other.  Haven't stitched yet)
-I got this wonderful world map fabric from Hawthorne Threads that I just need to make a quilt sandwich out of and sew up.  Really easy but I haven't done it yet.
-Drunkard's Path QAL (top is done, backing fabric picked, just need to get it done)
-Farmer's Wife QAL (I'm not sure how many I have...But I'm either almost halfway, or a little over.  Haven't made any new blocks in a while)

New Projects
-A friend got engaged this past weekend so I see another wedding quilt on my future list!  Perhaps also a Swoon?
-Another friend is pregnant!  So exciting, especially since that means another baby quilt!   

I'm wishing for a productive weekend!

Hope you had a great Valentine's day yesterday! 



9 comments:

  1. Dropping by through WIP Wednesday...Your blocks are ADORABLE! I especially love the Fly a Kite one...so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blocks! I've yet to attempt my first quilt, but sure do love looking at other's talent at work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kristy! You should absolutely go for it and make one! It's not that bad and when you have finished it's sooo wonderful to snuggle with something you've made. Plus, what I say to myself is that if I mess it up it'll just get used and nobody will notice because they should be sleeping UNDER it, right? Do it. You know you want to!

      Delete
  3. I love those log cabin blocks. Funky and fresh :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your log cabin blogs! They are so pretty - I bet Miss Avery will love them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those log cabins and for such a great cause, too! Thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all for the kind words! This was actually my first time making log cabin blocks, they're so fun! I LOVE Fly a Kite and really like how they turned out! I hope this quilt will help Avery during such a tough time, I'm glad I could help out! It will be awesome to see what the finished product looks like with so many contributions from all over!

    ReplyDelete