Thursday, March 1, 2012

Happy March!

I can't believe February is gone.  March will probably go even faster, there's a lot to do already!!

I suppose I did get some things done in February:

 HST block of the month from In Color Order
 Greek Cross
 Solstice Star Sampler from Fresh Lemons
 Granny Squares from Jolene's tutorial at Blue Elephant Stitches
 Finished 2 out of 3 baby blankets using granny squares

 2 Blocks for Avery

 Bee block for We Bee Modern February

 Sailboat blocks for do. Good Stitches Bliss circle
 Extra large granny square block (2) using Joelene's tutorial again and Fly A Kite fabric
 Books and Blocks bee February block
 Map blanket for my kids to mess with
 Picked fabric for a friend who's getting married in June.  It will be a Swoon!

Finally  put together my Drunkard's Path quilt and got about 1/4th through hand quilting.


I guess February was enough time to get a few things done.

Here are my plans for March:
-Bee blocks (1) We Bee Modern - I get to pick which one I want to make out of the book, so that will be fun, but which to pick!! (2) Books and Blocks bee - our leader has chosen Megan's star from the book, which is an awesome block.  I'm a little less excited about this one, just because it's just not my style of fabric choices, so this may be a bit of a challenge. (3) do. Good Stitches bliss circle - we get to make pink and orange wonky log cabin blocks, awesome as I have lots of pink and orange to choose from!  I haven't made wonky log cabins before either so I'm excited to learn.
-Finish quilting Drunkard's Path quilt
-Finish quilt from the Mr. - I've got almost all the blocks done and am really really hoping to have the top done this weekend
-Solstice stars and summer sample quilt - I have enough to make a top with and want to use the rest of my Woodlands fabrics to finish it.  Should be easy to put together once I finish a few other things first!
-Last baby quilt - bind, wash, and mail!
-Sew Cherry Quilt - I picked the background fabric and just need to cut it, and piece the back.  I'm going to use some Sarah Jane prints on the back and I think it will be cool enough to be reversible.  Really want to check that one off the list and start using it!
-HST Block of the month from In Color Order - Jeni's posted to tutorial for the March block and I'm hoping to get that done today with my Salt Air and Bella solids in white charm squares
-Swoon wedding quilt - fortunately my friend isn't getting married until June, but I'd like to get a couple blocks done for her quilt this month.
-In Law's wedding quilt - Start putting the virginia stars together that will make up the top.
-make a plan for another Wedding quilt 

Wish me luck!  I'll update soon.  

3 comments:

  1. I'm in awe of what you accomplished this month and what you plan to do for March! How do you get it all done? My only sewing time is at night when both kiddos are asleep and I can only get a fraction on that finished! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had a really busy month! I've seen so many beautiful granny square blocks that it really makes me want to join in the fun.
    I love the fabric you chose for your friend's swoon wedding quilt, it's going to be great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy cow what a busy month - I love your bee blocks!

    ReplyDelete