Monday, March 19, 2012

Happy Monday!

Happy Monday survival wishes to all!

Here's what I've got to show for my absent-ness lately.  Our little ones have been trading colds and coughs but I think we're over it.  We did a lot of this recently...

 This is their new favorite book and favorite story - The Gingerbread Man.  And yes, that is me.

I finished my bee blocks for this month of the bliss circle of do. Good Stitches.  I winged it and I think they turned out ok.  Next time though, I've got to make sure the edges aren't going to be lost when all the blocks are sewn together.


I am currently hand quilting my husband's quilt!  Yahoo, this beast has been weighing heavily on my shoulders.  Here's a very badly lit photo of the top, which measured 81x91.  And it's pretty great.  I tested it by falling asleep while working on it yesterday and it was very nice. It has flannel on the back :)

Here's a sneak peek for my partner in the covert robin swap!  I'm hoping to get this baby on it's way this week.

I started a new project from Camille Roskelly's book, Simplify, last weekend and got all the strips sewn up last night.  This is the Dream Big pattern in the book and it's been a super quick and painless project so far.  I picked out a bunch of spring prints from my stash to use here as it was grey skies and almost rain/snow/sky-spit yucks last week...blah...this quilt will be a reminder of happiness even when the weather sucks.
I still have to pick border fabric.  This pattern has a couple borders and I might do white as one of them...or a solid...any ideas?
Hope you all had a happy St. Patrick's Day this weekend!  We had corned beef and cabbage for dinner, per tradition, and saw the first green in the grass in months!

And to leave you with something that makes me smile
It's so nice when we all get along! 

Linking up at Canoe Ridge Creations for Sew Modern Monday  
and with Sew Happy Geek's Manic Monday

3 comments:

  1. I've just come over from Canoe Ridge Creations!
    Funnily I have a very similar picture of my poorly boy on my blog today, hope they feel better soon :)
    All your projects look great! Lovely blocks and your husband's quilt looks brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of great fabrics and projects. I hope you are all feeling well soon over there! The plus quilt looks spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Marian, you have a lot on your plate! I can't believe you are hand quilting that huge quilt for your husband! It's going to be amazing but that would take me a decade ;-) I can't wait to see all of these projects finished.

    ReplyDelete