Wednesday, April 11, 2012

An Award and a Birthday!

First of all, I have some exciting news to share.  I've been awarded the Liebster Award by Deanna of Little D and Me! Isn't that cool!

I'm totally thrilled, even though this award is a little vague in detail.  Deanna did some research though and here's what she found.  

Basically, it's an award that goes to bloggers with small blogs.  By small, I mean less than 200 followers.

So, thank you Deanna!  Deanna was my partner for the Covert Robin Swap and if you haven't checked out her blog yet, you really should.  She's an amazing woman, and super talented!

Ok, so here's what I get to do now. 

1.  Thank the person who gave you the award and link to their blog.
2.  Choose 3-5 blogs with less than 200 followers and pass the award on to them.
3.  Display the Liebster Award somewhere on your blog

Here are my nominee's:

stephjacobson - I got to know Steph a bit through an I-spy swap I participated in earlier this year.  Her blog is full of crafty things, and she is super talented and creative.  You should check out the Star Wars party she threw for her son!  Amazing! 

There and Back - I've become Katie's Flickr stalker, and first found her from being in We Bee Modern together.  Now we're in several swaps and bee's.  She knows how to find the good ones! Remember those plus blocks with Echo I made a while ago?  Those were for Katie, doesn't she have great taste?  I'm not sure how many followers she has but I really enjoy everything she posts.  She's one of my creative idols, everything she makes is awesome, and I love how she writes her blog.  
City Stitches - Megan is amazing.  She leads bees, QAL's and does everything in between.  She is a wonderful crafter and has fantastic skills.  She's super nice and so talented.  We're about the same age and so I love hearing about her experiences and ideas.  

Mommy Made It! - I just recently found this lovely blog and really enjoy her posts.  She dives into projects and shares her experiences with them.  I like the guts it takes to do that.  I'm excited to see how her Hopscotch quilt comes along too!

Anyway, be sure you check those out. Congratulations blog friends!

In other news, it's my son Matthew's 3rd birthday today!  So we're going to have a fun day of Lego's, Mario Kart, brownies, playing at the "home park", and French fries - per his request.  
 There was a ladybug in the yard yesterday that they watched crawl around for almost an hour!  


I'll be back later with a WIP Wednesday post.  I've been busy and have lots to share!


4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for honoring me with this award! What a fun idea and I had a great time choosing my favorite bloggers. I can't wait to learn more about you and I'm your newest follower!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Not only for passing on the award, but for all the thoughtful words. You've made my day!

    Happy birthday, Matthew! It was my son Billy's 16th yesterday...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww thank you! That totally made my day!!!! Happy Birthday to your sweetie! Hope yall have a fun day

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the award! =D

    ReplyDelete