Monday, April 16, 2012

Covert Robin Guest Post

I'd like to welcome Jill from Made with Moxie to the blog today!  She is the wonderful creator of my incredible clutch from the Covert Robin Swap!  


Hi! I'm Jill, aka ThatMoxieGirl, from over at Made with Moxie Today I am going to be sharing the gift I made for Marian as part of the Covert Robin handmade gift swap.


the covert robin button
This was my first swap ever so I was totally nervous. I wanted to make Marian something she would love love love. I'm one of those people plagued with the need to give the perfect gift. The fun part of a swap is that you get to stalk a person's blog, flickr account, pinterest, etc to get an idea of who your person is and what they like. Call me crazy, but I like it. I'm the kind of girl who peeks in your medicine cabinet when I use your bathroom. (There go all my dinner party invitations....:P )

Oh, yeah, my gift for Marian. I'm a sucker for bags and I haven't met a crafty lady yet who didn't love them too. Just about the time I got my Covert assignment, Anna at Noodlehead released her new Envelope Clutch pattern. It was a great
excuse
reason to buy the pattern, or at least that is what I told my husband. Seriously, I have very tolerant husband, but I don't think he completely understands the You Can Never Have Too Many Bags philosophy of life. *Note: this also applies to shoes.
I used some of this pretty flowered fabric that I had been
hording
saving for the exterior and a sweet green polka dot for the lining. Inside the clutch there is a good sized zippy change pocket, slots for four credit cards and 2 pockets for a phone or other what-nots. This was the first time I had ever put a zipper in like that so I was so nervous not to mess it up!
To finish it off I added a little hand embroidery in complimentary colors to the exterior flap.
I always think it is nice to have a small bag for daily necessities that you can throw in a bigger bag (because I have an infant and toddler to haul around their "stuff" too.) I really hope you enjoy your new clutch, Marian and thank you for having me over!


Jill you really did a wonderful job, I'm so happy with this clutch!  It's perfectly done and absolutely my style!  I absolutely love it!

Be sure to check out Jill's blog, she's wonderful!

4 comments:

  1. Eeeeeek! When you showed your sneak peek on flickr I had no idea it was going to be so awesome! You are one lucky lady! Jill did one heck of a job :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. jill, it looks so fabulous!! and this is your first zipper? the stitching looks perfect, lady :) thanks to both of you for joining in on the covert robin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow it looks great! The colours go perfectly together. So lucky! =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. That clutch is SO beautiful! I love the bits of hand stitching too! You are so lucky to receive such a gift. Thanks for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete