Thursday, April 5, 2012

Monsterz and I'm Guest Posting!

Remember that wonderful thing called the Covert Robin Swap?  Well it involved guest posting too!  I've never been a guest blogger anywhere before but today I am guest posting at Little D and Me to talk about what I made for Deanna.

Head on over and check it out! 

I do have something to show you.  I started cutting binding for Ben's quilt and for the Drunkard's Path quilt in an effort to check off my three goals for April...and then I got distracted by this post from Katy at I'm a Ginger Monkey.  Well, I have some of this very same fabric, Monsterz from Cloud9, and wasn't sure what to do with it.  I wanted to show off the fabric and loved Katy's tutorial and how her quilt top turned out.  So I added two other prints (the two yellows you see below), followed the tutorial in the post, and voila! It took no time at all.  The only reason I didn't sew the squares up was because we had to go pick up my husband from school.


I really like it.  It's not going to be as large as the quilt in the tutorial, but I think it will be a great baby quilt perhaps to save for if/when we have another kid. I'm hoping my kids will go to sleep (now) for their nap so I can work on the layout and sew up the top.

In other news the kids and I went to an Easter party today for playgroup and they had such a great time.   
 I didn't think they would "get" why or how to hunt for Easter eggs, but they loved it!

 It went really well.



We also had a great craft.  Our host for the party had paper that we drew eggs and bunnies on.  Then we smeared frosting on the pictures and the kids stuck marshmallows on the frosting to decorate the bunnies and the eggs.  So clever! Abby demolished hers in the car on the way home.  

Hope you all have a happy Thursday!  My weekend starts today!  Hurray!

2 comments:

  1. Love the guest post! You made some really cool things there =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL isn't it funny how when there's candy involved, kids quickly get the idea?
    I love the monsterz line, it makes me wish I still had someone little to sew for!

    ReplyDelete