Wednesday, April 18, 2012

WIP Wednesday

Today I'm determined to get my post finished before it's Thursday and the title and link up no longer apply.  Here we go!

I got 4 blocks done for Bee Simple (I got to fill a spot so I had two blocks from March to catch up on).  These went together really easily, and turned out pretty well!  I think they will turn into great quilts. It's not great lighting but there is a white border on the bottom and left sides as well. 




 I also got one of my Hoop Up! Stitch and Send projects on it's way today!
 It's a quote from Modern Family that says, 
"If you want to fly I'm not gonna hold your feet to the ground, 
I'm gonna be the one to push you off the cliff." 
-Phil Dunphy

Here's what's up next:
Learn to make Hexies for a swap
2 potholders for Bee a [modern] swapper potholder swap (excited to start on these designs)
Modern She Made swap
This is my jumping off point for the MSM swap.  I don't want to give too much away (it's a secret swap) but I want to make a couple i-spy placemats for my partner's kids (hopefully in this color combo) to include with the other goodies.  Stay tuned partner!  More sneak peaks to come!

For now that's all I've got.

I appreciate the tips for the allergies and have been on the lookout for some locally made honey, as many of you said that helps, but haven't found any yet.  I've been hitting the Claritin pretty well in the mean time.

Linked up to Lee's WIP Wednesday!

Oh, and while I was perusing the other posts linked up to Lee's WIP Wednesday I came accross Kelsey Sews and saw the awesome quilt she made with i-spy charms.  I've got sooo many of those, I'm going to try to whip up a quilt with her tutorial soon to get some of them used.  I think it'd be pretty great to use rainbow charms in the quilt also.  Have a look!



5 comments:

  1. I am here to help you with your hexagons! I wrote tutorials just for you :-) Also please tell me I'm your msm partner, I LOVE the fabric you picked!!!

    part 1 http://kateyz.blogspot.ca/2012/04/hexagon-tutorial-part-1.html

    part 2 http://agirlinparadise.blogspot.ca/2012/04/building-blocks-with-friends-katie-from.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's another helpful tutorial with videos for Hexies, just scroll down the page =D
    http://www.texasfreckles.com/p/hexagon-charm-quilt-piece-along.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous fabric stack! wow!
    pretty stitching too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're a busy little bee! How do you do it all?! :) Can't wait to see all that you have planned!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hexies are very easy, but be aware... they are quite addictive. Your stack is impressive, so many beautiful fabrics together.

    ReplyDelete