Sunday, May 13, 2012

Stand by...

I'm running a bit behind on some things this weekend... here's why...

Ben and I celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary on Friday! 

Since the 5th anniversary is traditionally a gift made of wood, Ben got creative and turned an old desk we were going to throw away into a flower bed!  Now we just need to get some flowers :)

Friday evening, we went to Ihop for dinner (we like breakfast food here) and saw The Avengers (which was awesome!), and left the kids with a friend.  It was really fun to get some time just the two of us and the kids handled their first non-family babysitter really well!!  

However today has been a bit different.  At almost 7am Matthew woke up barfing.  I really don't like barfing...or watching people barf...or anything having to do with stomach contents...Poor little man.

So, I'll be staying home with him today while Ben and Abby go to church.  But, on the bright side that means I get to stay in my pajamas all day, and that's pretty great. 

We're watching Shawn the Sheep (love that show - no talking, and it's adorable) and trying to get his stomach settled.  We might play with Legos too.

They did give me a lovely handmade card this morning and made me breakfast.  So sweet!  I feel so lucky to have this little family and such a wonderful husband!  

Anyway, I'll have some sewing to share later, along with a sneak peek of what I have to giveaway for my upcoming 50th post! 

Stay tuned!

3 comments:

  1. A belated Happy anniversary! Hope you get some flowers soon. Aww your poor son, hope he feels better soon. Ooo a sneak peek! =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! And sorry your littke man is sick. Hope he is better soon. Puking sucks. I know;we did it all last week in our house. Enjoy your pjs and Shaun the Sheep (also a favorite in our house). Check out The Red Balloon if you have Netflix instant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary! So glad you got a date night but sorry to hear about your little guy. :(

    ReplyDelete