Monday, May 14, 2012

Who has two thumbs and just sewed something with a zipper?!

This guy (girl...lady...)! AND it's a gift.  For a birthday lunch for a friend tomorrow.  And I started it about 2 hours ago making the hexagons.  Nothing like last minute, right?


Yep!  I sewed something with a zipper.  My first one ever!! And it's not half bad if I do say so myself.  It also has my first applied hexagons on it. 

She told me her favorite colors are red and blue so I went with that.  

It's a bag.  About 6ish inches by 6ish inches.  I used DS Quilts fabrics from JoAnn's for the outer and inner parts of the bag, and used some scrap 2.5" squares for the hexagons.
 I really like this fabric.  

It's not at all the prettiest thing I've ever made but I sure am proud of it!  It works too and there are no holes!!  Yay!!

Milestone checked right here.

I am no longer afraid of zippers!



Oh yeah....this means my NEXT POST will be for the GIVEAWAY!!

I bet you can't hardly wait, right?!  Yep, me either.

4 comments:

  1. I love it! Hexis are on my To Learn list. Next time you try a zipper, try doing it with tabs on the ends. It is much easier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks awesome! Zippers aren't nearly as scary as people make them out to be :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks great! Congratulations on sewing a zipper! They are rather tricky! =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its darling! What a fabulous gift! I hope she loves it :-)

    ReplyDelete