Wednesday, June 13, 2012

WIP Wednesday

It's my husband's birthday today!!  We stayed up late last night (he helped someone move last minute and I watched Twin Peaks of course) so I'm letting him sleep in while I wake up with the kids.  I'm not sure yet what we'll do but I know there will be an Ice Cream Cake because that's the only thing I could pry out of him that he wanted...

Anyway, since I watched Twin Peaks mostly alone last night I didn't finish my 2nd Swoon block and am finishing it up this morning. 

And here's the first one. I really need to get in order and get some these done or I'm not going to make it!!! In my opinion trimming the HST's is the worst part.  After you've made those it's pretty easy and a fun block to put together. 

I also started a pillow cover for Bee A {Modern} Swapper's June pillow cover swap.  I don't want to show to much.  You'll see more of this in hopefully a more finished form on Friday for the Handmade Parade at Katie's blog.  I have my fingers crossed that my partner will like it. 

And...though I did get charms cut and mailed for 2 more swaps yesterday, I haven't done much else yet this week!!  Sigh...tomorrow I'll be more productive.

Linking up with Lee at Freshly Pieced.

7 comments:

  1. I hate trimming blocks, especially when I have 60+ to trim twice while piecing them. But strangely enough I don't mind trimming HSTs. I think because it means it's such a forgiving block - if your seams are a little out it doesn't matter as they all trim down to the same size and still look the same just smaller!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't trim... I'm bad like that...
    But these look great!
    and a big Happy Birthday to the hubs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trimming is such a long job! Love the new Swoon block. Great colours on the hexies =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a gorgeous swoon block! I agree with you about trimming the HST's! Gah! But I can move my cutting board by the tv and trim there. Problem solved!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you on the trimming! It's the worst. Love your swoon blocks--I haven't touched my swoon quilt in a few months because I got burned out on the HSTs. I really need to get back to it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your swoon blocks so far! And I totally agree that trimming is the worst part.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah. I hate trimming too. It's so boring !


    Looovveee the hexies ! If your partner doesn't like it, send it my way :)

    And I love your swoon blocks !!

    ReplyDelete