Friday, July 20, 2012

Bee Blocks = lots of pictures

What a week!

Just a heads up.  I'm guest posting for Shorts On A Line tomorrow at Designs by Sessa and I'm pretty excited.  I'm reviewing a pattern and a tutorial that are both really beginner friendly.
 I've never sewn clothes before so if you're in that category, you're going to want to check it out.  Mark your calender!

Oh yeah!  It's Friday so head over to Katie's at There and Back for the Handmade Parade!!

There and Back

I mailed a lot of stuff lately.  Enough that I went to an entirely different post office again to avoid looking crazy (though doing that is kindof crazy).

My Etsy shop (LadyFaceQuilts) had a couple sales (yay!), and I also mailed two different swaps of Christmas fabric in addition to all these bee blocks you're about to see...

Blocks for the 3x6 bee hive 7 (wonky blocks)






3x6 bee hive 11(sampler blocks - I chose Greek Cross blocks.  Tutorial here)

There is one more in this bunch that I didn't get a picture of.  I noticed in the morning light the corners looked green and they're supposed to be teal, so I had to fix that.

I've finally (fingers crossed) gotten all of my hexagons attatched to their papers!!!  Yay!!  Now for the flower making.  I'm attaching all to the connecting center first and then I'll do the petals.  This was the first one I did.

It's awesomeness is pretty high. And it wasn't on purpose.  I didn't notice until the day after when I got them out again.


I also discovered the scrap vomit quilt by Katy and have decided this would be fun to do with little Lady Face who loves to sort out my box of 2.5" squares.  So far I've got about 10 blocks ready to be sewn up for it, so I think that'll be some good sewing therapy and scrap use!  They're mostly covering my ironing board so I'll have to do them to use it, right?!
So that's what I've been doing.  I still have more blocks to make, and the usual list of to-do's that need to be done.

We also got the benefit (?) of free Direct TV this week because my husband works for them.  The owner of our house (we're renting) came over to check out the back fence that's almost falling over from uneven ground and lots of very heavy jumpy dogs.  I'm glad those two things are done.

I always feel on edge whenever someone comes to install electronics or something, or to inspect the house.  Just makes me nervous to have people in my space but not knowing when they're coming or how long, or what exactly they'll looking for.  You know? And I can't relax much it's over.

So now it'll be a fun weekend!!!

6 comments:

  1. So exciting! Can't wait! I don't think I've gotten your html yet...it's okay, I just want to make sure you didn't think you sent it already! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful bee blocks, looking forward to seeing your heaxagon and vomit quilt progress.

    I have not sewn any clothes before either - will definitely look out for that post! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a beautiful idea with the scrap quilt!! Will it be for her??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous looking blocks! Looks like a fun start to the scrap vomit quilt! =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that scrap vomit quilt. I've been collecting blocks to make my own!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have been a very busy bee indeed! I love all of your blocks. And i am DYING to make that scrap vomit quilt. My scraps are out of control!

    ReplyDelete