Friday, July 6, 2012

Oh, Hi!!

Bullets will have to suffice today.  And lots of pictures. 

*Our trip to CA was awesome.  It was so great to see my brother, old friends, cousins I hadn't seen in 7+ years, my best friend (we've known each other almost 20 years!!), and to just BE there.  Not to mention the food.  The beach.  Wonderful.  If California wasn't so messed up and expensive I'd move there yesterday.



*and I got to give this quilt to this lovely bride and groom.  I've known her my entire life.  Her mom was actually there when I was born because my dad was sick.


*Fourth of July was pretty great too!  We saw our city's parade, got the parade sunburn, and had a BBQ.  There was also a tasty watermelon, but I'm finishing that up today. 



*I've been catching up on the Bachelorette.  I have to say, Arie's eyes are pretty great, and his hair.  I go for goofy brown haired guys though....  Jef looks like Anthony Michael Hall in Sixteen Candles.  Look it up.  I'm really not wrong on this one. 

*I am the queen bee this month for the Don't Worry {Bee} Happy bee!  I'm pretty excited about what I chose.  I got all 9 bags of fabric yum mailed off yesterday. 
*I'm also Queen Bee for the charity bee Sew. Quilt. Give.  This month I chose granny squares to make a quilt for one of the moms there.

*I got this awesome pillow from the Bee a {modern} swapper pillow cover swap in June! I had my eye on this one and my fingers crossed that it'd be mine!!  The one I'm making is almost done...Sorry about the delay partner!  It's coming!!

*I'm catching up on all the bee blocks and things I didn't get done because I was in California.  I'm going to have a lot to show you this month.

*First up is the Quilt Around The World II bee that I just couldn't pass up.  Here's what I've come up with.  I'm asking that the color scheme stay relatively cohesive but any design or size of block is fine. 

*Here's one of the blocks I've finished for someone with a geometric theme.  I probably wouldn't have tried this block otherwise, and it did give me a little attitude, but I think it will go with her quilt.  To be honest, I actually put the corners in the wrong place.  They are supposed to be on the orange strips, making the + design on the diagonal...but it happened and I'm ok with it. 

*I got my squares cut for the Soda Pop QAL!

*I saved $55 at JoAnn's yesterday.  I just thought I'd share that with you all.

*I managed to make some Hexagons for the Hexy MF QAL...not even close to the 400 howmanyeverythereare...but it's a start!

*While I was at the wedding in CA, I got some interest in my quilt making abilities!!  I'm excited about that. 

*My 2 year old girl pretends she's a cat at least three times a day.

*Matthew's cast comes off on Monday (I might be more excited than he is...)

Now, I have a watermelon to eat!  Hope you've all had a happy week!! 

4 comments:

  1. Wow you've been very busy. Glad you enjoyed your trip, the beach, the wedding, the parade, and the watermelon. It's perfectly normal and hilarious for two year old girls to believe they are cats. Meow! Hooray for the cast coming off, the beautiful quilt, sending out goodies, getting goodies, and saving $55 at Joann's. Now I'm tired. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to chuckle a bit when I saw that you saved $55 at Joann's. Because that also meant you spent $... there. I do that all the time too. "Look honey, I saved over $100 on these maternity clothes... but I spent over $100 too" :)
    Love the pillow you got too. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh girl you have been one busy bee! Yes the younger giant does that too...but we won't mention his age! Always great to make some savings!
    The wedding cake looked so pretty...I don't know how some people can bear to cut into their wedding cakes!
    Looks like you're well set for this month! =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pictures are great! I looks like you've all been having a great time :-)

    ReplyDelete