Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Quick update

Tomorrow's August?! 

Last week was super hectic.  It was as if every day was a Monday!  Crazy.  And it wasn't my best week either so I'm glad it's over.  I was a tad bit cranky...

BUT!  I've got a couple things to show you that I've been working on. 

Bee Simple blocks for June (late), July, and August that are getting mailed today.  This block is super simple and you can find the tutorial here. Lots of Aqua was requested so I used one of my fav aqua fabrics for them all.






I finally got around to using some of my rainbow charms and came up with this top while watching the Olympics over the weekend.  I like how it came out and as soon as it's done it's going in the shop (btw - I wasn't happy with how Japan's men's gymnastics totally stole that medal.  In my opinion they didn't deserve it). 

 I got the top sewn up for my Soda Pop quilt and I love all the colors that are way brighter than I usually go.  I'm pretty behind but you can follow the QAL over at Allegory's awesome blog.

ALSO I got some charms back in the mail from a red, grey, and aqua swap and immediately wanted to try something out with them.  I like how it's turning out and it'll also go in the shop when it's done. 

If you follow me on Instagram (mgriffin87 - really creative) you've seen most of these pics already. 

My WIP pile is transitioning from tops in one stack on the washer to sandwiches stacked in the living room.  Progress I suppose?

I'm still having a destash sale in my etsy shop so go have a look and see what's still there! 

Happy Tuesday!


6 comments:

  1. I succumbed to your destash sale!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you've been working on a lot of things! Great looking blocks and I'm so in love with your rainbow quilt! =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was really not into any of my bee blocks this month. I got the last two finished today.
    I really love your soda pop, I can't wait to see it with the little acr-y pieces added! I really wanted to join in that qal (I <3 Allegory) but I"m glad I didn't. I didn't realize just how little sewing time I'd have this summer. I'm feeling overwhelmed with the little I have going on as it is!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, can't wait till my charm squares come now!
    Love your soda pop - what colour are you doing the leaf pieces in? I clicked on over to see what the finished quilt would look like and I love how it turns out. Look forward to seeing yours finished!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your projects! The rainbow quilt is really cool.
    (And I agree about the gymnastics judging. Crazy!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooohh the rainbow quilt looks brilliant and I love the soda pop too!

    ReplyDelete