Monday, August 13, 2012

Soda Pop Top Done!



I did it!

Well, the top part.
I took new pictures this morning.  Stood on a chair this time!

But that counts!!  Bless your soul Allegory, this top was a beast.  Thank you for allowing sewn up tops to count :)
 I sat on the back of the couch to get this shot.  This will be a good size quilt!  I like how the blue petals calm it down a little, but not too much.  It's hard to get true to color pictures with a phone camera, but these are all pretty saturated colors! 

This quilt pattern is by Katy Jones and is in the Fat Quarterly Shape Workshop for Quilters book.  The fabric I used is all from the collection Cocoon by Valori Wells.  


I thought sewing the around the petals with my FMQ foot would be simple...but it was NOT...and if you look really closely, it looks like I sneezed during quilting (see below).  I may have.  But not that many times.

I really really wanted to get this done to enter into the linky party and I made it just in time!  Of course that is why the photos are so dark, but I'll add have added some more tomorrow when the sun comes up!  this morning!

Right now I'm just thrilled to have gotten past all those petals!!! You can check out the other submissions here!

Now we sleep....g'night!


oh!  I can't for the life of me come up with a beverage related name for this thing....if you have any ideas will you tell me?  I might just give you something if I like what you come up with! 

11 comments:

  1. Amazing Marian! That looks like a really hard quilt to make. Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So gorgeous!! I'd call it club soda - all the great colours are like bright club lights and the bubbles remind me of the label of Schweppes club soda :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great...and I love the fabric choice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is gorgeous! It does look like a ton of work. I was working on some "sneeze" quilting this weekend too--I need to remember that excuse. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that looks incredible! The blue gives it a really nice finish. Maybe 'Bubble gum pop' 'Blueberry bubbles' for the name? =D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great choice of colours! I would go for a name of a fruity cocktail, for example "Gin Fizz", "Planter's Punch",... ("Sex on the beach" wouldn't be appropiate though ;) )

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it. It's amazing!
    If you were to flip it around, so the area with fewer petals were at the top, I would think of something like "Fizzle." It makes me think of all the bubbles that float to the top when you first pour pop in a glass.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that looks like so much work! Very colourful and fun Marian.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looking fabulous...Loving the colours in it.

    ReplyDelete