Saturday, September 22, 2012

100 day Hustle List

Have you seen this new get together with link-ups and prizes and motivation and awesome from Kelsey here?

This is exactly what I need.  Though it might be a tad embarrassing to publish (part of) my list.   

But, thinking how awesome it'll be to start 2013 (in 100 days....freak out now) with a clean or cleaner slate is 100% of why I need this.

Here's my list.... I always put too much on the list.  Always. 

1. Finish this stack of tops on the chair next to my couch. 

In this stack there are 8 unfinished quilts.  7 tops matched with fabric to make backs with and 1 that I need to finish hand quilting.  Half of these are for my Etsy shop, 2 are for me, and 2 are for friends.  They need to be done.

2.  Quilt for my sister-in-law who is having baby boy #2 in November really close to my birthday!!  I've already picked the fabrics and the pattern

3.  Halloween quilt - I really want to sit under this one while I hand out Halloween candy...

4. Patchwork Prism QAL - yes....it's still not done.  My template's were off so I might stray from the pattern so I don't break my brain. 

5. Three charity quilts.  One is already a top, the other two are still blocks.  Need to either make more or do borders for those. 

6. I'd also like to keep afloat in all the bee's I'm in and so that's got to be on this list too. 

7.  Get my Hexy MF hexagons all sewn up. Maybe have the top finished. 


8. Farmer's Wife quilt blocks assessed, and a separate goal made for that one. 

9.  Matthew wants a Mario quilt for Christmas, but it might become a pillow.

10.  Halloween costumes - Mario, Pinkie Pie from My Little Pony.

11. Two wedding quilts that are way overdue need to get planned.  

12.  Make a Tova Tunic and Tank.  I already have the patterns and know the fabric I want to use, but time is the problem now.  And being a teeny bit scared of Garment sewing.  I want to have one to wear on Halloween though so that should be happening soon too. 
15.  A Christmas quilt or pillow or somethin' would be awesome.  

14.  Get the little lady face potty trained!  I know, not sewing related but this would really be awesome.  

Don't worry, this is only half my "real" list.  But that's enough for now. 

I can't believe this year has gone so fast.  I've already got a huge list of things I want to make next year! 

13 comments:

  1. I love your list! I left a few things off mine too so I didn't feel too overwhelmed, haha. Good luck with the potty training, I have learned that is a lot of work from my two nephews.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you've got quite a list!!
    That's when i wish I lived closer to a bunch of people I know online - wouldn't it be great to spend days together and each day, work on someone's pile of WIP ? It would be SO motivating !!

    Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I lost count of how many quilts were on your list but it sure was a LOT! Good luck with all those and nr. 15!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow girl! When you make a list you don't kid around! Then I read the only half of my real list part! =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!! That's impressive! I'll bet it's less than half ;O)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My gosh, that's quite the list! Good luck with it all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think tackling the last item, potty training, is a big enough job. I hope to be doing that too this year yet and I'm a little, um, scared.
    You really do have quite a list though! Definitely would be nice to have online friends around for sewing nights.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holy crap, Marian! Want to do my list too?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your list! I'm excited to see your progress...your Halloween quilt and granny squares quilt look like they'll be fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE the halloween fabrics!!! And that is quite the quilt stack! Thanks for joining in :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Marian! That's a big list. Do you plan to sleep :-) I can't believe how many finished quilt tops you have. You are a machine!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the colors for your halloween quilt!

    ReplyDelete