Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Been a while, huh?

Wow!  I had a more gloomy post all written up and then I dove into #talknt on twitter and now I feel sooooo much better! 

I can't tell you enough how much I love love love this sewing/quilting/crafty community.  Gush, gush, gush, it's fantastic! 

It still totally blows my mind that I can talk to people who have written my favorite patterns, my favorite books, and designed my favorite fabrics on twitter, and flickr, and through blogs.  It's so cool. 

So!  Here's a "quick" update.

I finished up this swap package for the Scrappy Bits Swap and mailed a bunch of stuff today.  I still have a bunch of bee blocks to finish before the month is out but that'll get going soon enough. 
(see that bag o'scraps in the top left?  it's a gallon bag with awesome scraps.  I still have about 4 big boxes full of similar scraps.  so if a listing like this interests you, the scraps in this picture are the kind of scraps you'd be getting.)

Fall is here and that's my favorite.  I LOVE Halloween, and if you follow me on Instagram (@mgriffin87) you'll see what I'm working on this week to bring my awesomeness back to it's full potential. 

I made myself a little zippy pouch with tabs! I'm in between bags and wallets right now and needed something to carry my cards and stuff in.  This works really well.  I love these fabrics so much! 

I'm starting Halloween costumes!  Matthew will be Mario (MarioKart Mario) and Abby is going to be Pinkie Pie of My Little Pony.  There's a tutorial over on Craftiness is Not Optional (you should check out her tutorial page anyway) on how to make this, which may or may not have influenced my Abby's decision on her costume this year.

I made Abby some new skirts from this lovely tutorial from Jill of Made with Moxie.  I wish it was this easy to spice up my wardrobe!  AND I learned how to do a French Seam.  Fancy me.

I finished up the top of this lovely quilt, which will finish bigger than a baby sized quilt but perfect for a girlie to drag around with her for years.  Did I tell you I could make stars for years??  Love them.  

That's all for today.  I've got a big pile of HST's calling my name. 

p.s. I've extended the sale in my Etsy shop until the end of the month (9/30) so use the code BACKTOSCHOOL for 20% off everything shipped anywhere!  I'm going to be adding some more items before the month is out, and more that might be good stocking stuffers and Christmas goodies so check often!

Thanks you wonderful internet people for being such awesome, supportive, and inspiring friends! 

3 comments:

  1. I was wondering where you were! I love making instant gratification clothes for my little girl and skirts are so easy. I saw them on flickr and they are all super cute!
    I don't think I've ever seen a quilt where the stars are white and the surrounding is print - sure makes the pattern look different. I had to look twice to see the stars - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So tempted by the bag of scraps! Let me know when you get some new stuff in if its next month I can treat myself as a birthday present. The quilt top looks good and the skirt is so cute! Loving the fabric on the pouch! =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see those costumes!! :) I love Autumn too!
    Glad the gloominess has gone x

    ReplyDelete