Thursday, September 27, 2012

Dream Big from Simplify

I saw this contest for Craft Month and wondered if I'd even made anything from a book before! 

And then I remembered, AHA!  I have.  

One of my most favorite projects ever is the "Dream Big" pattern from the book Simplify by Camille Roskelley.

I love, love, love, this quilt!  I started it by picking my absolute favorite happy fabrics when it was gloomy and cold here in March (yeah, that long ago...).  I loved picking the fabrics because I was desperate for some spring. 

It took me a while to get back to it but I got it finished a month or so ago and I LOVE it. 

I backed it in a duvet cover from Ikea that is super soft. 

I had a bunch of binding pieces from past projects that I pieced together.

Mine measures 55" X 69" which is a touch smaller than the pattern.  my borders are a little small because of the duvet I used as backing. 

I love the look of the whole thing and how the borders in Camille's pattern even it out so it's not too busy. 

It was a great pattern to put together and one I really want to make again. 

If you're wondering about getting this book, do it.  It's so fun.  You'll want to make everything in it, and you will be able to. 

There are big quilts, table toppers, baby quilts, pillow covers....everything!  Camille is amazing, and I stare at this book all the time!  It's that good. 

Be sure to check out all the other projects that have been linked up, there are some wonderful things and it's a great way to find new craft books to buy!!! 

3 comments:

  1. Simply gorgeous :) I'll have to add it to my to-do one day list!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one is next on my list. I made a giant version of "Coming Home" from the same book. I made it for a wedding quilt and chose it because it looks like "hugs and kisses", which seemed very appropriate for newlyweds. I'm making this one you've just finished starting this weekend. Hopefully I'll finish it up for Christmas just in time to gift my 22 year old son.

    Your scrappy binding finishes your SO nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marian! Can you please send me your mailing address to lindsay@craftbuds.com? I have a Craft Buds prize for you. :)

    ReplyDelete