Wednesday, September 5, 2012

WIP wednesday

I actually finished a heck of a lot this week!

And have only signed up for one more thing, you know you want to!  And...to be honest...I might just do anything Katy tells me to do.  She has good ideas. 

Finished!

On Sunday I finished this plus quilt from the book Simplify by Camille Roskelly.  I LOVE this pattern and I LOVE this quilt.


I've had it sitting around waiting to be quilted for quite a while, and I think I finished the top in April.  It'll get a separate picture overloaded post later, I promise ;)

Scrap Vomit is done!!  And I love it.  I know, I just said that about the last one, but I really love this one.  Sooo much! 

It is a wonderful beast of a quilt and am fondly looking forward to making another one!  And it's very warm.  I love me a warm quilt! 

Some bee blocks have also been done:

These two blocks were supposed to look like film.

This block was a pain.....We're not exactly friends. I dunno if anyone will get this reference, but in one episode of the Golden Girls, Dorothy and Sophia are playing Scrabble and Dorothy challenges a word.  Sophia claims it is a word so Dorothy has her use it in a sentence, "You're no good at disdam game!" Well, that's pretty much how I feel about disdam block!   I know.  I'm a dork.  Love that show.

Made a market tote bag out of Heather Ross' Crafty Chloe fabrics.  I like the finished project but have in mind some edits to make to it and am working on making a tutorial for a kid sized tote bag (Abby thinks this one's hers). 


Up Next!


-Granny squares quilt for Sew. Quilt. Give. charity bee - I've got everyone's blocks now just need to finish it off (Actually, this should be for every charity bee I've been queen of so far, 3, as I've gotten the blocks back and now need to get my butt to finishing those quilts).
-Various Bee blocks
-Tutorial plans (I have 4 tutorials I think you might like.  The hardest part is getting good pictures...and remembering to write things down that I think of while I'm sewing!)


Other highlights from the week:
-Finishing all those quilts.  Seriously. And realizing that I can do things like make my kids a zip-pouch if they need a bag for their crayons so we can take them to church.  I know that sounds like a "duh" moment, but for me it's been a total door opener and helped me relax. 
-My kids know the song "Don't You Want Me" by the Human League and proved it by randomly singing "don't you want me baby," which freaked me out until I figured out what they were actually saying, and singing...
-The Mr. got a job in sports, which is really good.  It's nothing huge, but it's a foot in the door and since he's still in school, it's perfect for now.
-Disdam dog(s) on the other side of our fence!
I am a dog person, but these dogs need a talking to and they aren't very nice.  If they were cuddly fluff-butt dogs it wouldn't bother me so much.    

Linking up with Lee at Freshly Pieced as usual.  You should really go see what everyone's done.  I know I say that every week, and you should check it out every week, but there are some really talented and inspiring things being done!

AND linking up to TGIFF (Thank Goodness it's Finished Friday!) here!

For even MORE pictures of everyday stuff follow me on Instagram @mgriffin87

9 comments:

  1. Wow! Those are some awesome finishes! I love the plus quilt. And I agree that quilt-along is so tempting! But it looks tricky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at how productive you've been this week...I'm soooo jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo hoo! Way to go, Marian! I hope you'll link up your quilt to TGIFF! (I'm hosting this week)?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow ! You've been so productive !
    I love your plus quilt. They are so fun to make :) And I totally agree with you, cathedral windows are a pain in the ass !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow two big finishes! I'll be looking out for the picture overload post. LOL! disdam what a hilarious word!! Good luck with the things on the list =D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woo hoo! So glad you linked up, Marian! Great fabric choices on your Simplify quilt and I think you've got me hooked on trying a scrap vomit quilt. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love datdam block!!! I haven't tried cathedral windows but I love them. Was it that bad???!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seriously, how do you get all of this done??? You're amazing! That simplify quilt is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete