This is my 100th blog post! I hope you have all enjoyed some of the last 100 posts, I've had a lot of fun playing around with the whole thing! I have some more fun stuff planned for future posts, and am hoping to get a bit more organized so I can be a bit less scattered.
I am waiting on my tutorial for Halloween Bunting until tomorrow but I do have something to share!
I made cookies today and they're my favorite (It's the recipe on the back of the Toll House Chocolate Chips). And when a day like today comes along, they're wonderful to put together in 15 minutes. You could just make the dough, I won't judge.
I don't feel like I am super good at tons of things, but I've been making chocolate chip cookies (from this recipe) since I was 5 years old. That's almost 20 years of experience!
Chocolate Chip Cookies
2 sticks (1 cup) softened butter
3/4 cup packed brown sugar*
3/4 cup granulated sugar*
1 tsp. baking soda
1 scant tsp. salt
1 generous tsp. vanilla (to be honest I don't measure this....vanilla is the best)
2 cups flour*
as many chocolate chips as you want :) (I don't measure those either)
1. Preheat oven to 350. Combine butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar in a med-large bowl until creamy and smooth.
2. Add eggs and mix until combined.
3. Add baking soda, salt, and vanilla and mix again.
4. Add flour and chocolate chips and mix (if you like your cookies cake-y then feel free to add more flour). Taste to be sure of it's deliciousness
5. scoop onto ungreased baking/cookie sheet and bake for 9-12 minutes. I set timer for 9 minutes, check them and add time. I hate burnt cookies.
6. Devour and then make some more.
*Living in Idaho I've modified the recipe a tad to get good results at this elevation. I use 1/2 cup granulated sugar, 1/2 cup brown sugar and 2 1/4-2 1/2 cups flour. Basically, the more brown sugar, the chewier the cookie. If you like crunchy cookies add more granulated sugar, and if you like cakey cookies add more flour.
Now for the GIVEAWAY!!
I have 2 i-spy charm packs from my Etsy shop to give to two of you!!!
There are 56 5" charms in each pack and the fabric came from my stash (This is just an example of the type of charms in 1 pack). All quality fabrics, even some Japanese and organic fabrics!
1. Leave me a comment telling me what book you've read lately that was awesome. And fair warning, if you say Twilight I'll assume you're being sarcastic ; ) Or, if you haven't read anything lately, what have you done lately that was awesome!
*You don't have to be a follower to enter this giveaway! I love having followers but that's not why I do this. Follow me if you want to but I'm not going to make it a requirement. That's up to you!!
Giveaway will be open until Wednesday night, Ocober 24th and I'll pick a winner on Thursday.
I also wanted to give you a discount code (100POSTS) for 15% off in my Etsy shop. The discount will be good until the end of October!
Thank you all for being such amazing supportive people! I enjoy reading your comments so so much, though I don't always respond quickly I assure you, your words are read and so appreciated!!