Wednesday, October 24, 2012

WIP Wednesday: Halloween Edition

So, this week is going by faster than it should.  We are having a black and orange Halloween party at our house on Friday (yeah, two days away Friday...) and so I'm narrowing my sewing this week to catching up on Bee blocks and Halloween sewing.

Finished

(or almost finished...) I basted the heck out of some small quilt tops.  Now I just need to finish quilting them, but at least they got moved one step ahead!

Halloween Quilt: 
-So excited to get some good pictures of this.  I love it.  It'll get it's own post soon too, promise ; )

Halloween Bunting and Tutorial:
-You can find that post here.  I love mine.  Adds some happiness to the blank wall!

Bee blocks:
-one day this past week my kids fell asleep at 6:30 so I had a great night of sewing.  I apologize if you follow me on Instagram because you'll have already seen 90% of these pics : /



I got so much done I had time to work on my fun time just for me project.  I sew scraps together, mostly strips, with no direction or editing in mind, and it's pure blissful therapy to see what happens!  Here's what I've got so far:
 I love how it's turning out!

Halloween Costumes:
-Pinkie Pie from My Little Pony - DONE!  I'll have a better picture (I hope) after the thrill of having a tail has worn off.  This is the best I got, she just wouldn't sit still for it!
 This was made by following a tutorial on Craftiness is Not Optional that Jess did for her girls this Halloween.  I tell you what, and it might sound silly, but I was able to make this and it totally doesn't look like a craft project disaster!  I'm actually much more confident that I understand how patterns work and how pieces go together so I'm going to plunge forward and make more clothes!  As you'll see further on in my list.
If you have a little pony in your house, this is a great tutorial!!

Still need to make:
-Mario costume for the monkey boy
-Halloween pillow (just needs to be quilted and assembled)
-Black and Orange shirt for me!  I'm making a Wiksten Tova Tunic and Tank but hope to have one done to wear Friday and the other done to wear on Halloween!  Most of all I'm excited about the fabrics and scared to mess them up.  Wish me luck!

I'm linking up (in time!) to WIP Wednesday over here.  I've already seen some great projects I want to add to my "someday make this" list.  Go look!

Thank you to all who have entered my giveaway so far!  I'm enjoying your comments so much!!  I'm going to compile a list of all the books you've suggested so y'all can see, it's a great variety!

If you haven't entered, there's still time!  Here is the post, and you've got until tonight when I'll close the comments.  I'll pick a winner tomorrow! 

4 comments:

  1. I am totally in love with your Halloween quilt, and I haven't even seen the whole thing yet! Good luck with the garment sewing. I really want to make that tunic in the near future. Can't wait to hear your thoughts on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto what Toni said - I love your Halloween quilt even though I haven't seen it !

    And I love your little girl's costume ! She's so cute in it !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable costume! I need to get going on my son's Lego Ninjago costume--Halloween is less than a week away!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! That halloween quilt is to die for! And I love that improv quilting is therapy for you. I took an improv class and my brain just does not compute! I just have to have things line up perfectly. I wish I could let go of my OCD a little because I so adore all of those amazing improv quilts!

    ReplyDelete