Monday, November 26, 2012

do. Good Stitches Bliss circle finished quilt!

I'm having the hardest time waking up today.  It's about 11:30 and I'm still in my pj's.  In my defense I washed all my pants at the same time and they're still in the dryer ; )
Anyway, I had a pretty productive weekend and finished two quilts and made a bunch of backings so I've got lots to show you this week! 

This is a project I've held onto way too long, but it's so cute I bet you'd do the same thing. 

Back in April (yes...that long ago) I was in charge of the Bliss circle of do. Good Stitches charity sewing bee on Flickr and had everyone make me two of these adorable house blocks for a quilt.

Then this past week, I made 4 more houses to make the quilt a little bigger and came up with this lovely top, which I was afraid to quilt!
I had great suggestions on Instagram to add clouds, windows, doorknobs, and other neighborhoodly goodness.  This also scared me, but I pressed on and gave it a try. 

And I LOVE it.  It's easily my favorite thing right now.  I've decided to make my kids a neighborhood house quilt and the block isn't really that hard to do.  I might be making some Christmas houses to turn into pillows also.  Won't that be cute?! 


Anyway, I'm thrilled to check this one off my list, and even more thrilled that it turned out so well!  I used an existing binding I had leftover from a quilt I made in July, and made a backing with fabric from my stash as well. 
 Yes, I did quilt a snowman the size of the house into it. 
It measures 45 1/2" x 56 1/2" before washing.

Now I just need to find the label and give this baby it's first spin in the washing machine and send it on it's way!!

I'm linking up to Sew Modern Mondays with Canoe Ridge Creations and entering this quilt into the Celebrate Good Stitches contest over at Stitched in Color, when December 10th rolls around of course!

*don't forget to use THANKS25 for 25% off my entire Etsy shop good through this week only (ending Dec. 1) and check back often for new items I'll be listing just in time for Christmas gifting!

4 comments:

  1. Super super cute Marian!

    And thanks for the charm pack, which arrived in the mail today. It was a nice surprise because I had forgotten about it! And thanks for the idaho treat, it was yummy!! Fun to try something different.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the sweetest quilt ever! I don't blame you keeping it so long :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love little houses on quilts. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This turned out so amazing. I love the special extra details. Fantastic job.

    ReplyDelete