Friday, November 23, 2012

happy black friday?

Did you get your shopping done yet?

I like to go after all the crazy early crowds and see what's left for a good deal.  I've gotten some great movies that way and never had to stand in line, always a plus. In fact, we got 4 Harry Potter movies today for less than $2 each! 

I also had my trigger finger on refresh over at Fat Quarter Shop and have been in and out of my shopping cart at Pink Castle Fabrics all day!  Did you know they have the new printed pattern for the washi dress?  You can bet one of those will be mine soon.

We had a great and relaxing Thanksgiving yesterday, just the 4 of us.  I cooked enough food for 10 people though.  It was fun.  And it's really nice to have leftovers too. 

We had an 18 pound turkey and used Alton Brown's recipe from Food Network to brine it and it was wonderful.  Great recipe.

I also made green bean casserole, mashed potatoes, these rolls, this broccoli salad, and used this pie crust recipe to make chocolate cream pie (instant chocolate pudding and fresh whipped cream), these pumpkin chocolate chip cookies (with cream cheese frosting), and this apple pie (with ice cream of course).

We watched the Macy's Thanksgiving day parade in the morning, followed by a bit of a dog show with a great looking Great Dane, and then football. 

I'm sorry it's been quiet around here lately.  I think I needed a little break, some of it was involuntary as the past two weeks have been incredibly busy!  The craft night I organized for the ladies at my church went really well, then my parents came in for my birthday last weekend and we had a great time.  Then cooking for Thanksgiving!  I actually took a nice nap yesterday after I finished cooking everything...after I taste-tested of course!

I've got a project I've been working on that might be making it's debut this week over at Allisa Jacob's blog.  

She makes gorgeous fabrics and sent me some to play with.  I made 3 pillow covers and had so much fun with her fabrics, she's super talented and her colors are perfect.  You can check out her Etsy shop here.

I'm crossing these pillow covers off my list as a finish, and am linking up to Finish it up Friday's over at Crazy Mom Quilts!  She got a heck of a lot done yesterday, go see! 

I've been making some more things to go in my Etsy shop for the holidays and have a new discount code this weekend in time for Cyber Monday use - "THANKS25" for 25% off the entire shop between now and December 1st!! 

I hope you've all had a great week wherever you live and can enjoy a wonderful weekend!!

2 comments:

  1. I did some shopping but I didn't have any coupon. I found a shop in England that still had Good Folks from Anna Maria Horner and I bought everything they had left. It's kind of an early Christmas present from me to me :)

    Did you buy any fabric yet ??

    I was about to send you an email to see how everything was going ! I'm glad you're crafting night went well and Happy birthday !!

    You'll have to tell me how you guys do to get fabric from designers. I would love to have free fabric to play with ! It's so fun :)

    Well, have a good weekend ! Here, Thanksgiving is in October, but today, I didn't have classes so I sewed and cooked all day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. One year it was juts the 5 of us for Thanksgiving and I thought it was goofy to cook up a big dinner for just us. I thought since we weren't sharing it with anyone it was a waste of time. I made it all anyway, and along the way I realized that since the people around the table were the ones I was most thankful to have in my life, Thanksgiving with just us was pretty good. That was actually the best Thanksgiving I remember in many years. No fights between the cousins, no eating my sister-in-law's runny mashed potatoes, or listening to her husband go on about how much his parents favour his brother!

    I love Alton Brown! Pretty much everything he does is awesome! I think it's his scientific approach to it all.

    Next time you make a chocolate cream pie, use the cooked kind of pudding. It takes about 7 minutes in the microwave and is SOOOOOOO much better than using instant! It sets up firmer and is a lot yummier! Just do it the night before and you're all set :-)

    ReplyDelete