Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Holy Hiatus Batman!

Sorry to have checked out like that!! 

Christmas was great.  Busy, but so fun.  And I think I fell asleep around 11 pm on New Year's Eve.  I'm still in denial that it's 2013, it totally snuck up on me, but here we are!


I got sick for a few days which obviously wasn't fun...and am close, but not quite back to normal yet and not really sure what caused it all so I'm going slow. 


I'm going to be participating in an auction to support Sandy Hook (I'm donating a quilt) that I'll have more details on soon.

It's inspiring to see how many different ways to help there are, and how many people have made such an effort to do kind things in light of such a terrible happening.

I haven't sewn much lately, sort of lost my mojo with getting sick...but I feel it returning.  Kindof need it to so keep your fingers crossed. 



Fat Quarter Shop has an awesome sale section right now that I've been drooling over.  Pink Castle has some great stuff on sale right now too.



I've gotten some great mail lately from wonderful people and places.  It totally continues to amaze me what awesome friends I've made online this year, and have enjoyed so much!  Incredible. 



I'm almost out of pins from basting too much, so I finally got a little quilting in last week!  I'll definitely have lots of finished things to show you this year.


We've got bunches of snow on the ground here in Idaho, and I'm not even ready to think about getting back into the swing of things (playgroups, church activities to plan, budgets, phone calls, appointments...)....I just want to hibernate.  Especially since it was -11 this morning....  That's way too cold for my California bones.  Way too cold. 


So...I didn't really come too close to finishing my 100 days hustle list, and honestly don't feel like reviewing it.  But I have decided to be, you know, somewhat responsible, and finish more than I start.  So, you'll be seeing a lot of finishes here so I can go forward into new projects with less guilt!  Yay. 


I did read a book while I was sick!  It was pretty good, not a happy scenario though, but definitely intense.  I didn't like the ending though but it was a surprise!


Now I need to finish bee blocks that are overdue (more than I'd like to admit to).  Then I have a pattern testing block to finish, a quilt for my best friend's birthday to get done, etc...

So tell me!  How have you been?? Is there anything on your list today?? 

3 comments:

  1. Ha ! I sent you an email like 5 minutes ago because I had not heard from you for way too long and now you're blogging !

    I've been really busy (I finished two quilts 2 hours before I had to gift them - yes, that's how last minute I am). Today, I finished some things for a private swap and it feels so good ! I really close to being able to sew for myself and I'm so excited about that ! I'm probably going to clean the house now because I've been sewing since 9am. And the only thing I feel like doing is start something new which I don't want to do until I'm done with my list.

    That's about it :) Long comment, sorry.

    I can't wait to see all those finishes. You can do it !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see you received the mini :) I was getting a little worried that maybe it got lost!
    Glad you're feeling better and hope your sewing mojo comes back better than ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you're getting back into the swing of things! I always forget that when it comes to recovery time, I need to double the amount of time I was sick/out of town/etc. Love the stack of yellow and blue fabric!

    ReplyDelete