Monday, October 28, 2013

easy washi tape pumpkin craft

We decorated for Halloween a while ago, but I noticed we don't have a ton of decorations.  To be honest I have a hard time spending money on things that sit in a box for 11 months out of the year, so that's probably why.

Crafts I can do with the kids or myself that become decorations is more my thing.  Especially this one, because I got to put some of that washi tape I've been hoarding to good use!!

I can't remember where I first saw this idea, but it definitely isn't mine.  If anyone knows, please share. 

Here's what you do, it's way easy and could be adapted to any shape. 

You'll need:
-washi tape
-cardstock
-background paper or cardstock
-regular tape or glue (whichever you prefer)
-picture frame

1. Put strips of washi tape on your paper in whatever order or color you want.  Obviously I went with black and orange for Halloween.  Tip: If you know your shape isn't going to take up the majority of the paper you can taper your strips so you're not wasting that lovely tape. 

2. Cut, from the paper you just covered in tape, whatever shape you want.  I cut a pumpkin shape out of my orange and black tape covered paper. 

3. Tape or glue your shape to your background paper and fit into a frame.

4. Hang up and enjoy!

See?  I told you it was easy.  And now you're totally justified in getting more washi tape, haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment