Wednesday, January 1, 2014

In 2014 I want to...

...focus

...be intentional

...organize, get rid of clutter and be mindful of what we add to our home and schedule

...explore and create with my kids (a little bit of homeschooling and good old family time)

...finish (books, quilts, cross stitch projects...the laundry...everything)

...use what I have first

...savor things (2013 seemed rushed and while it was a great year, I felt like we were always hurrying towards something.  I want to soak up every bit of 2014)

...read more.  At least 1 book per month. (I already have a nice pile to keep me busy - will share soon)

...keep track...of everything that deserves or requires recording

...DO more and make fewer lists about what I plan to do

...write (here, in my journal, with my kids, snail mail, start the novel I've been too chicken to start)

...be a better example of service

...take care of my body (eat whole foods, exercise regularly, get more sleep, drink more water - pretty much an always goal for me) 

...be more selective about the things I begin (do I really like it/want to do it? Or do I feel obligated?)

...less screen time (phone, computer, tv, the list goes on.  I love the progress and convenience technology brings.  I want to be more mindful that I don't waste too much time on these devices that I'm missing out on other things.)


There are some lofty goals here but I have big ideas, and big hopes for 2014.  

I love a blank year.  So full of potential! 

xoxo - Marian 

1 comment:

  1. Love your goals and have pretty much the same even though I didn't write them down (yet).

    I especially love the one where you want to DO more and make less lists. I do a lot of lists too but I'm usually pretty good at crossing things off of it too !

    Have a wonderful new year :) xxx

    ReplyDelete