Thursday, February 6, 2014

Pattern Testing the Tuileries Dress

I have drooled over every post Kelly from Sewing in No Man's Land has ever written and jumped at the chance to pattern test her first graded pattern for the Tuileries Dress (you can read about the pattern release and see the other dresses made here).

I tested the 4T size.  My daughter is technically still 3, but will be 4 in April and so whenever I make a pattern I do a size up to be sure it can be worn more than once.

I ended up getting a cough the weekend after receiving the pattern which put me a little behind, and while I didn't have that many improvements, all the ones I thought of kept coming through in revision pdf's that Kelly sent us!  She's good. 

The dress turned out wonderfully and Abby wouldn't take it off after we took some pictures on Sunday!  Pardon the garage door, when it's barely 30 degrees and your model is not quite 4 years old, your photo shoot locations dwindle significantly. 

This pattern stands really well on it's own (you can get it here on Craftsy for a great price), I think I styled little girly face pretty well (pats self on back!) though the deadness of our yard kindof detracts...  I don't really consider myself "stylish" whatsoever, but I feel like she looks pretty excellently put together!!

The dark fabric I used for this hides the adorable pleats at the neck and skirt, but they're there!

There's also an exposed zipper which I managed to pull off, though I've got lots of room for improvement with zippers.  Heh.  They scare me...

 Isn't she adorable?!

Anyway, it was so fun, and my last addition for Kids Clothes Week Winter 2014 edition!  

No comments:

Post a Comment