Monday, March 10, 2014

Red Scrap Basket

For the February Handmade Birthday Club, we made fabric scrap baskets from the pattern in Sunday Morning Quilts, which is a fantastic book with lots of creative projects and gorgeous pictures.
I picked red, though it's one of the colors I use the least, so I'm not sure why, but it worked out fine.
I've never sewn a 3D object like this before, and it was a little challenging.  The directions in the book were excellent, it was just tricky for me to do.
I used fusible interfacing to give the basket some standing up power instead of cardboard, and omited the label because I don't have any vinyl.
I imagine it will hold a good amount of red scraps!  My piles aren't well organized so really, this is a project I should do for myself someday!  But don't hold your breath : )

1 comment:

  1. It turned out really cute and looks like a handy size to have around! Well Done!!

    ReplyDelete