Monday, March 3, 2014

The Nessie Top


This might be the quickest turn around I've ever had between buying a pattern and using it.  Less than a week, I think? Anyway.

The Nessie Top, from Craftiness Is Not Optional, is just as amazing as anything Jess has made.  The part that took the longest was tracing and cutting the pattern in 4 different sizes.

I had only a small amount of the teal floral and wanted to stretch it. I'm still holding onto small pieces to use as pockets in another project. 

I sewed up two shirts lickety split last Wednesday night using the color blocked option and long sleeves in the 4T and 12-18 month size.  Yes, Sam is only 6 months olds and already wears 12-18 month clothes... 

Abby wore hers all day and loves it, almost as much as I do.  I'm quite pleased with how these turned out plan to cut out some more very soon!

Lest we forget that I do have a son, I have something cut and waiting to sew up for him also.  I haven't found as many boy patterns that I like that I think he will wear so I'm hoping this one goes well... 

No comments:

Post a Comment