Monday, September 29, 2014

Happy Monday list #5

Happy Monday! Hope you all had a great weekend! Here's what I'm enjoying today:
1) A little sweetness - though if you know me, you know it takes an enormous amount of self control not to eat the whole bag.  Also, I'm going to try to go sugar free for the first 30 days of October (just to show I really can quit any time I want, ha).  And then catch up for lost time on Halloween.  Not really, but maybe a little.  Wish me luck with that.  Seriously, I'm going to need it. 

2) Time to sew this weekend - it was a great rainy weekend here in Pocatello, and I got to actually make stuff! Ben took the kids to some ISU football and basketball games so I had time to work on some projects and it was really great for my soul.  

3) Sunday Brinner - we have been doing a little Sunday dinner tradition off and on for the past year or so, of having breakfast for dinner (hence, Brinner).  And it's so much fun! We don't have family I town, so family dinners on Sunday don't happen with extended family very often, and brinner is something we all look forward to after church.  We haven't strayed too much from basics like bacon, eggs, biscuits or pancakes, and whatever fruit we have, but it doesn't need to be fancy or complicated, it just needs to happen at the table, with everyone.  

4) Fall weather!!! - finally!  Ugh. I'm ready! So ready.  I wore a scarf yesterday and imagined the scarf was equally pleased with the drop in temperatures so it could get out of the box in the closet! 

5) Crayon drawings - I've been giving my kids drawing assignments every day for a few days so they can get their imaginations warmed up and to help them (trick them) practice their writing.  A few of the "prompts" have been: draw a fancy princess and give her a name (Abby's), draw a castle and a dragon and write something about it, draw a robot and write what he does, draw a machine or invention and write what it does.
Abby is a little harder to persuade into actually doing these (or anything I suggest), but if I tailor the prompts to whatever she's fascinated by then it goes much better.  Occasionally she will even ask me how to write words and practice them, which is almost a miracle.  Matthew has been writing on his own for these and I absolutely adore his effort, imagination, and spelling mistakes! A fun project for sure.   

How was your weekend? Finding anything fun today? 

No comments:

Post a Comment