Monday, September 15, 2014

Monday Happy List #3

Well hello! I didn't mean to suddenly abandon this space but it happened again, and it probably won't be the last time.  Things have been busy and busier as usual so I can't complain.  Here's some fun for your Monday:

1) All About That Bass with Jimmy Fallon and The Roots - not only do I LOVE the message in this song, but isn't this version just amazing?! Makes me happy just knowing it exists.  Those guys look like they have sooooo much fun at their jobs, I love it. And you've probably seen it already but watch it again. 

2) Cooking/baking - I've been trying to be better about making thoughtful meals for my family, and while it hasn't gone over that well (the kids haven't liked what I've made so far, but Ben and I have!), I like preparing meals.  It's cleaning up afterwards that I would happily pay someone else to do if were rich.  If you're curious I've made this recipe from Our Best Bites, and chicken and dumplings from this book.  Both were very tasty and made a lot of food.  

3) Making goals - I took some time this morning to make some concrete goals and then some steps to make sure that I get to those goals.  I'm really good at making lists and plans and not making them realistic or solid enough.  I'm trying to work on that.  Having a good pen and notebook is a great way to start! And sometimes Rifle Paper Co. is on Zulily!  Here's my referral code if you haven't already joined.  Great deals, just watch the shipping.

4) Books - I finished a book over the weekend that I'll share soon, but got to wondering about how many books I've read this year because I don't really keep track.  And I have a lot of books that I've bought with good intentions, got distracted and bought other books, and so I have a lot of books sitting around lonely and unread.  I'm trying to fix that for the rest of the year at least. So, I set up an Instagram account just for the books I read.  If that's something you'd be interested in I'm @ladyfacereads

5) Good friends that share advice freely - I still feel like I'm 12 years old but I'll be 27 in a little over 60 days.  I really don't feel like I have my stuff together so having friends that will share advice freely and don't mind when I bother them for it are such a treasure!  I am learning to appreciate friendships more as I "get older".  Having people that understand you just as you are is so important! 

What's been on your radar this week?

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you, cooking is fun but the clean up is another story. But trying new recipes is always exciting. I hope your start to like the new meals you are cooking for them.

    ReplyDelete